Help Your Clients Make Giving More Strategic
Create Lasting Connections
With Schwab Charitable, you can deepen your relationships with clients and prospects by being an important resource in helping them reach their charitable goals. Help clients with their giving through a Schwab Charitable account—a tax-smart investment account with funds dedicated to charity.
Give Clients a Flexible Planning Tool
A Schwab Charitable account can be a valuable wealth-planning tool that also enables clients to give more strategically. Help your clients:
- Receive an immediate tax deduction with the option to make donations over time
- Avoid capital gains by contributing long-term appreciated securities
- Manage a windfall in a tax-smart way
- Build a legacy of giving by involving family members in account decisions
Stay at the Helm with an Integrated Platform
The Schwab Charitable online platform is integrated with schwabadvisorcenter.com, making it easy for you to view and manage your clients' giving. A Schwab Charitable account lets you:
- Link your clients' accounts to your Schwab Advisor Services™ master account1
- Make online grant recommendations on behalf of clients, if they choose
- Develop a custom investment strategy for a charitable account using Schwab's open-architecture platform (for accounts of $250,000 or more)
Take the First Steps
Getting started is as simple as 1-2-3.
- Contribute: Clients may open an account with at least $5,000 in cash, securities, or other assets.2
- Invest: The account is invested in one or more of 13 standard investment options—all of which feature pre-screened funds with long-term track records,3 enabling potential tax-free growth—or in a professionally managed option for accounts of $250,000 or more.
- Grant: Clients can recommend grants at any time to any qualified U.S. public charity.
Build a Legacy
A Schwab Charitable account can become part of your client's legacy, creating an opportunity for you to connect with the next generation.