Help Your Clients Make Giving More Strategic
Create lasting connections
With Schwab Charitable, you can deepen your relationships with clients and prospects by being an important resource in helping them reach their charitable goals. Help clients with their giving through a Schwab Charitable account—a tax-smart investment account with funds dedicated to charity.
Give clients a flexible planning tool
A Schwab Charitable account can be a valuable wealth-planning tool that also enables clients to give more strategically. Help your clients:
- Receive an immediate tax deduction with the option to make donations over time
- Avoid capital gains by contributing long-term appreciated securities
- Manage a windfall in a tax-smart way
- Build a legacy of giving by involving family members in account decisions
Stay at the helm with an integrated platform
The Schwab Charitable online platform is integrated with schwabadvisorcenter.com, making it easy for you to view and manage your clients’ giving. A Schwab Charitable account lets you:
- Link your clients' accounts to your Schwab Advisor Services™ master account1
- Make online grant recommendations on behalf of clients, if they choose
- Develop a custom investment strategy for a charitable account using Schwab's open-architecture platform (for accounts of $250,000 or more)
Take the first steps
Getting started is as simple as 1-2-3.
- Contribute: Clients may open an account with at least $5,000 in cash, securities, or other assets.2
- Invest: The account is invested in one or more of 13 standard investment options—all of which feature pre-screened funds with long-term track records,3 enabling potential tax-free growth—or in a professionally managed option for accounts of $250,000 or more.
- Grant: Clients can recommend grants at any time to any qualified U.S. public charity.
Build a legacy
A Schwab Charitable account can become part of your client's legacy, creating an opportunity for you to connect with the next generation.
Learn more about Schwab Charitable and how to deepen philanthropic conversations with clients. View the Schwab Charitable website or contact the Schwab Charitable team.
Contact us to find a local representative.
1. Professionally managed accounts are available only through independent investment advisors working with Schwab Advisor Services™ that includes the custody, trading, and support services of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. While donors may recommend an advisor, the Fund must approve the recommendation. Advisors must meet certain eligibility requirements and adhere to Fund fee and investment guidelines. You may request a copy of the investment guidelines by calling us at 800-746-6216.
2. Contributions of real estate, private equity, and certain other non-cash assets are accepted via a charitable intermediary, with proceeds transferred to a donor-advised account upon liquidation. This intermediary considers donations on a case-by-case basis, and assets typically must be valued at $250,000 or more.
3. Market fluctuations may cause the value of investment funds shares held in a donor-advised account to be worth more or less than the value of the original contribution to the funds. Past performance does not guarantee future performance.
Donors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus for the registered mutual funds underlying the investment options, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling the Fund at 800-746-6216. Please read the prospectus carefully before making contributions or recommending investment of funds.
Schwab Charitable does not provide specific individualized legal or tax advice. Please consult a qualified legal or tax advisor where such advice is necessary or appropriate.
Schwab Charitable is the name used for the combined programs and services of Schwab Charitable Fund, an independent nonprofit organization,. Schwab Charitable Fund has entered into service agreements with certain affiliates of The Charles Schwab Corporation.