Simplify tax-time workflows with digital tools
Don’t waste valuable time on paper and fax during your busiest time of year. Here are some easy technology solutions to help you work faster and safer this tax season.
- Open last-minute IRAs and other accounts in one seamless transaction with digital account open. Efficient and secure, the process will help you open accounts in minutes by auto-filling data fields and minimizing errors and delays. See how it works for you and your clients in this interactive guide.
- Move money in and out of accounts quickly and securely with the Schwab Advisor Center® move money tool . In this at-a-glance grid you’ll see how the tool can be used for different types of money movements, and why it’s the quickest and most secure way to move your clients’ funds.
- Skip the client signature for IRA contributions. Firms with disbursement authority can process these first-party transactions online – without a client signature. For more information on your authority see the first-party money movement chart.
- Reduce the risk of fraud for your firm and your clients. Tax season is a common time for fraudsters to target advisors and their clients. Make sure you’re following cybersecurity best practices and take time to educate your clients with these tips for preventing fraud.
- Help clients track down their 1099s faster. Your clients can download their 1099 tax forms from the 1099 dashboard available on Schwab Alliance or via the Schwab Alliance mobile app. If your clients don’t have access to Schwab Alliance, walk them through the enrollment process.
What You Can Do Next
For more tax season tips, from tax form accessibility to reporting resources, view the Tax Prep Tips Newsletters.
- March: RMD delay reminder and K1 information
- February: Tax form accessibility and reporting resources
- January: 1099 tracking and reporting
- December: Tax and cost basis resources to help your clients prepare for tax season
- November: Year-end deadlines and action items for charitable giving and retirement accounts