Simplify tax-time workflows with digital tools
Don't waste valuable time on paper during your busiest time of year. Here are some easy technology solutions to help you work faster and safer this tax season.
- Open last-minute IRAs and other accounts in one seamless transaction with digital account open. Efficient and secure, the process will help you open accounts in minutes by auto-filling data fields and minimizing errors and delays. See how it works for you and your clients in this interactive guide.
- Make payments to tax entities quickly and securely with the Schwab Advisor Center® move money tool. You can download this step-by-step move money and eAuthorization guide, which walks you through the process using the move money tool. For the most secure method your client can electronically approve the request; or you can generate a pre-filled PDF for client signature.
- Skip the client signature for IRA contributions. Firms with disbursement authority can process these first-party transactions online – without a client signature. For more information on your authority see the first-party money movement chart.
- Track and update the requests and documents you've submitted to Schwab using the Status page on the Activity Tab in Schwab Advisor Center. The Status page now offers detailed information on all major request types, and you can view status at the master, account, group and firm level. You can also add documents and notes to in-process requests directly from the Status page.
- Reduce the risk of fraud for your firm and your clients. Tax season is a common time for fraudsters to target advisors and their clients. Make sure you're following cybersecurity best practices and take time to educate your clients with these fraud-prevention tips.
- Help clients track down their 1099s faster. Clients with access to Schwab Alliance can download tax forms from the 1099 dashboard, available online or via the mobile app. Have a client who's still not enrolled? Download this visual support guide, which shows you the sign-up process from a client's perspective, so you can guide them through it and answer their questions.
What you can do next
- Download the replay of the March 18 Tech Talk webcast for a deeper dive into the specific tech tips and resources that will help you work faster and safer this tax season.
- Join one of the live, bi-weekly webcasts or listen to the replay of the "Digitize Tax Time" webcast to see demos of the Schwab Advisor Center digital tools that will help you streamline tax season.
- Explore and bookmark the resources on the Digital Jumpstart Page to help you plan, prioritize, and implement technology at your firm.
- Share the Client Learning Center with your clients to prepare them for using digital features.
More tax resources and information
- View Schwab's new Tax Guide to help aid you in tax preparation conversations.
- Learn three ways Schwab Bank can enhance tax planning conversations.
- View our Tax Prep Tips Newsletters: