Top tech enhancements of 2020
Take advantage of these key 2020 enhancements that can help give you a simpler, faster, and more secure way to support your clients and manage your business.
This year technology was more critical than ever. Digital tools made it possible for advisors to successfully support clients in a virtual world; as a result, both advisors and their clients accelerated their use of technology. To help you benefit from this increasing openness to digital solutions, we've recapped our top technology enhancements of 2020, which can help you drive scale, service, and business results in 2021 and beyond.
- Client onboarding. The digital account open tool is now integrated with seven third-party vendors , and we expanded the number of forms eligible for eSignature and advisor-owned DocuSign®.
- Account servicing and status. All major status request types are now available in a single unified view and displayed at the account, master, group, and firm levels. We also added "Initiate and release" and overnight check request features to the move money tool.
- Trading and portfolio management. The Institutional Intelligent Portfolios® platform fee was removed for advisors who custody assets with Schwab, regardless of AUM.
- Solutions for your clients. The limit for client mobile check deposits was increased, and Schwab Stock Slices™ are now available on the Schwab Alliance Trading tab for clients with access to trading functionality on their advised accounts.
- Digital enablement. Wire fees were reduced from $25 to $15 when completed electronically.
- Third-party integration. The continued expansion of the depth and breadth of integration with third-party tools, with 160+ product integrations now available including new integrations with Black Diamond®, Addepar, eMoney, and more.
Looking ahead, we'll continue to invest in delivering digital experiences that help you focus on your clients, and we'll keep you updated as we bring together Schwab and TD Ameritrade’s best-in-class capabilities. To hear more about our technology strategy and recent and upcoming enhancements, register for our 2021 Tech Talk webcast series.
What you can do next
- Stay updated on our tech investments. The What's New page on Schwab Advisor Center highlights the latest enhancements across the platform.
- Give your firm a digital jumpstart. The Digital Jumpstart page provides you with guides and resources to help you prioritize, plan, and implement technology at your firm.
- Register for 2021 Tech Talk webcasts. Our Tech Talk webcast series, hosted by Schwab's technology leadership team, gives you a closer look at recent and upcoming enhancements and the opportunity to ask questions.